2/17/13

French Silk Tart

Yesterday my uncle, aunt and niece came over for dinner. They brought soup and kroketten. So I decided to make dessert.



A had seen a quite easy recipe for French Silk Tart. It looked amazing (go and see here) and quite simple as I just said, so I decided to make that.
I made the crust, melted the chocolate in the hot cream, prepared the other cream and then I went and ruined it.
And it was so incredibly stupid.
I was whipping the chocolate cream in my stand mixer, and then... I over-whipped it.
I never do that! And now, when I was already on a tight schedule, I did. So I threw it away and went to the supermarket as fast as I could to buy new heavy cream, 'cause offcourse I didn't buy some extra just in case. Then I made a new chocolate cream, but it has to cool down for at least 45 minutes, so my tart wasn't done on time. My uncle and aunt had to leave, so they didn't had a chance to taste it.

But I did taste it, and it was very good! Very much whipping cream offcourse, but I love whipping cream so I didn't mind! My sister doesn't like whipping cream, so she didn't like this tart, but all the others did.

And they all lived happily ever after!



 
French Silk Tart
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 2 hours, 00 minutes
 
For the Crust:
  • 15 oreo cookies, crushed
  • 5 tablespoons melted butter
For the Chocolate Whipped Cream:
  • 1-1/2 cups whipping cream
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
For the Whipped Cream Topping
  • 1 cup whipping cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • Chocolate Shavings for garnish (optional)
Instructions
  • Combine the crushed oreos and melted butter in a small bowl; mix well and press onto the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan.
  • Refrigerate until needed to fill.
  • Pour the whipping cream into a medium sized mixing bowl and microwave for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, or until hot.
  • Add in chocolate chips and whisk until melted.
  • Refrigerate for at least one hour; it needs to be cold and slightly thickened.
  • Prepare the Whipped Cream Topping by combining together the whipping cream, vanilla, and sugar.
  • Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
  • When chilled, beat the mixture until stiff peaks form.
  • Take out the chilled chocolate mixture and beat on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
  • Spread the chocolate mixture over the oreo crust.
  • Spoon whipped cream topping over the chocolate layer and spread evenly.
  • Refrigerate for one hour or until set.
  • Garnish with chocolate shavings and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment