2/8/13

Snickerdoodle Layer Cake

I just love snickerdoodles


I'm about to tell you a shocking thing;
I didn't even know about their existence until a year ago...
You're probably now staring at your computer screen with an open mouth and superlarge eyes filled with disbelief, shaking your head, whispering 'No, that can't be true...'
But it is true.
I live in the Netherlands, and here we don't have snickerdoodles. I found out about them on How Sweet It Is, and immediately knew I had to make them.
So I did.
It was one of the best things I had ever done.
And from that lovely moment on, I was enchanted with snickerdoodles.


So when I saw this recipe for a Snickerdoodle Sheet Cake, I knew I had to make that.

It was amazing, let me tell you that.
It was (offcourse) supersweet, but I love supersweet things :)

I didn't really change anything, I only added a little less powdered sugar, because I liked it better that way. And I didn't make a sheet cake, I made a layer cake. I just poured the batter into 2 cake pans, baked it and then sliced both of the cakes in 2, so that I had 4 layers. Then I put a lot of that supersweet, delicious frosting on it and done!

Well, I won't keep you any longer from making this delicious cake, so here is just one more picture of the cake (or maybe two, I just couldn't stop myself) and then the recipe.

I hope you'll have fun baking this delicious cake and love it as much as I do!





Snickerdoodle Sheet Cake
by Kristy Denney from Sweet Treats & More
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 sticks softened butter
1 3/4 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups milk
 
Heat oven to 325.
Butter and flour an 18 x 24 in sheet cake pan {or two round cake pans for layer cake}. Sift together both flours, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and set aside.
Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, then vanilla.
Alternating, add dry mixture, then milk in three batches.
Bake for 30-35 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting.
 
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Buttercream
Ingredients:
1 1/2 stick softened butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 cups powdered sugar
3 tbsp half and half (milk will work too)
 
Mix butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Alternating, add powdered sugar and half and half. Frost cake.





P.s. Sorry for the not-so-good photography, I don't own a fancy camera. But this one works well enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment